Friday 10 September 2010

Re-slinging cams

In the good old days people would sling thier nuts on rope, tie thier own sling for extenders and probably climb in stout boots. I guess that how most the the members of the Wrekin started out.

Today however people just don't (apart from a friend of mine called Matt who ahs a rack that a museum would be proud to own. I'll definatly get a photo of it. He's go more cordage holding it together than I've got ropes!

My old wild country tech friends (to give them thier proper title) are now 6 years old. That 6 years of hard use and the slings on them are starting to show some wear. The size 1, 2 & 3 have been absolute work hourse pieces of kit, used pretty much in all my climbing. I've fallen on each more than enough times and they are still trucking.

But the sling it getting pretty worn on the size 1 especially. I've been throwing around whether to resling it on dyneema tired with a triple fisherman knot or some strong webbing with a tape not. I've got some beal 16kn tubular tape that I going to try I think, but I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: