Monday 28 September 2009

Different file types!

Seriously! I've got a load of videos from the weekend that need simple things doing to them like rotating 90 degrees and playing back to back. All this simple stuff can be done in Windows Movie Maker. However there is a catch. Laura's camera records things in Quicktime movie file which surprise surprise doesn't work on Microsoft based software! So to do a simple job like rotate a video 90 degrees I have to find a file converter program. I don't particularly want to pay $29 for a program that's going to be used once in a blue moon either!

Why can all these computer companies just get along? I mean would it kill them to let Quicktime files playable in Windows Movie Maker...

I hate jobs that appear simple but then turn out to be uber-complicated!

No comments: