Wednesday 3 March 2010

A quick word on climbing...

I was reading someone elses blog today and came across this quote which I think totally sums up my attitde towards climbing. It's actually been written about bouldering at the new wall in Stoke.

"Working on problems while getting support off your mates, supporting your mates, climbing isn’t just a sport, it’s a culture, one that sets you aside from normal life, everyone is in slight competition but no one wants to see you fail."

Climbing can be a sport or done for recreation, but for those who really care about it it slowly becomes a feature of thier life (It's been described as my other woman more than once, and a couple of times as my only woman). Its a lifestyle and a culture and something really hard to break free from.

(Dan shattered after out first alpine peak and the journey it took to get there...)

No comments: