Friday 23 April 2010

Skincare?

I remember berating a friend about a year ago for moitsuring his hands after a climbing session. Now maybe I wasn't climbing as much as him, or my chalk was less drying but my hand were fine and I didn't see a point in moisturiser. Now my fingers are a consant sore point, pun intended. I climb each weekend, and unless I actually go bouldering and my hand stay covered in chalk, outdoor climbing isn't that bad. But indoor climb, something I do twice a week is killing them.

Each Wednesday and Friday I wake up and can't touch anything with my fingertips. One of the staff are redpoint told me off the other day for not looking after my hands, and berating me for my laid back attitude where by I just said I'd superglue a split tip back together if need be. Now I really would superglue a finger tip back together, but only if it was going to stop me climbing for a weekend. In reality I'm just not giving my skin time to heal, but it's had to take a week or so off.

I think I've got to actually looking after my finger tips a little more.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Climb on bar mate, or any beeswax based bar or cream. Works wonders pretty much instantly. You should try to get in the habit of moisturising after every climbing session, indoor or out. Its good stuff and means your skin will heal more quickly and more effectively.