Thursday 22 April 2010

Left wall...

...Or why I backed off it.

I mean its a pure obvious line and one that has been on my mind for a long time now. It's been there since I did Vector at Tremadog, another route I didn't think I'd do till the end of the summer. So why did I back off it? hmmm.... I've puzzelled over this alot.

I actually considered just "slipping" off the route from the word go and blowing the onsight completly, therefore taking the pressure of the first time I was on the route completly out of it. In the end I just carried on climb up it instead taking it real easy and trying to get the growing pressure out of my head. I got to below the crux and took the "good" rest. I was a good rest for only one arm at a time. I placed 2 good pieces of gea
r and started on the crux sections, only to quickly back down. I hung around for quite a while and decided that I didn't want to fall off it, having already dogged on the route once. Instead I just lowered off it.

I figured that I'll just go back and lead it, ground up, in one big push from top to bottom later in the summer. I'm happy I've backed off it, honestly
because now I can just climb the route and enjoy it as Leo Houlding as said:

"Your better off blowing the onsight and enojying the experience, rather than just saving something forever"


No comments: