Monday 16 November 2009

Lakes 14th - 15th

Bit of a wash out this weekend. Although at least we got out on the hill. The plan was for an easy route on Scarfell Buttress. As for actually climbing it would have been hell as it was wet and dark so we called it a day. Thankfully it started raining just after justifiying our decision. High light of the weekend was probably the cumberland sausage and 4 pints we enjoyed in the Wasdale Head Inn. I also manage to forget my roll mat this weekend. After telling Susie what a n00b she was for not even bringing out it seems fitting that I should forget mine. Improvisation was the name of the game and I slept on my uncoiled ropes. I got a surprisily good night sleep, but I think it had more to do with the 4 pints than the "comfy" bed.










No comments: