Thursday 7 June 2012

A serious lack of posting

It's now the middle of half term and I've spent most of it sitting indoors watching the weather. I'm been watching it do one thing mainly... and that's rain. I don't dislike the rain, but I'd like to be out climbing, not that I'd been mush use on rock at the moment. Playing football against the year 11 team in the staff vs year 11 match I slipped and fell during a tackle. It was no-ones fault, other than my own inability to stay on my feet but it doesn't take away from the fact my hip is still swollen and bruise 6 days on. Climbing hurts at the moment. 

So in a weird way I'm glad its raining. I need this time to sit around and heal up and there is plenty to do around the house. The majority of this is sorting through all my stuff as me and my partner have broken up. I'm living out of boxes and bags and there's piles of climbing gear everywhere. There is a lot that needs sorting. 

All work on the guidebook has sort of stagnated. I've noticed this with essays and big projects in the past that when I'm nearing the finish line motivation drops. I think it probably has something to do with actually achieving something than then having to find something else to move on with. Either way there isn't that much at actually do on it. There is a lot or flipping through paper work sticking in names and dates mostly.

In reality I've got a lot of posting to do, I've actually purchase some new guidebooks and guides and I've managed to get out on the grit a couple of times, in between the rain of course so watch this space.

No comments: