Monday 9 April 2012

A good day at the Roaches

Well well well. I actually managed to have a good day at the Roaches. In fact as I'd go as far as to say it was excellent. I went up with a group of friends (all brought together by Redpoint Climbing Centre) for a day of bouldering and trad climbing. I managed Commander Energy and Elegy, both E2 5c, before finally setting off on an adventure I'd started with Toaf about 8/9 years ago. We've finally climbing Valkyrie (VS 4c) and it was as good as I thought it would be. 

A quick recap is probably necessary about Valkyrie. It's been a bit of thorn in the side of my climbing. I started the route about 8/9 years ago with Toaf and got rained off, after the crux. Since then I've failed to complete the route a few times, rescued a guy off it, ended up abseiling through that bloody holly bush countless times. All in all it's been a route thats caused a few problems. I toyed for a while with never doing it, and juts leaving it as a route that I just couldn't beat. However Toaf and I finally teamed up again to get it finished and we managed it!

I'll get some photos up when I can find a decent internet connection!

No comments: