Monday 25 July 2011

finger injury, baby and summer holidays...

Well my finger injury is progressing well. It's still very swollen and sore, but I've been massaging it all the time to promote constant blood flow to the area. It looks like it'll be a long haul but in the mean time I'll just drop my grade or climb harder slabs and stick to bigger adventure routes in the mountains. It's also the summer holidays for me as well so I've got loads of time off to contemplate being injured and heal up, and to do things like reseal the bathtub, which is going to be a load of fun seeing as theres a bunch of plastic that needs removing. I'm also off to cornwall and isles of Scilly for a couple of weeks, with a few friends coming down to join me. Cornwall should be fun and the pace of life down there seems just so much slower and more enjoyable, plus granite sea cliffs!!!

There's been a recent edition to our household. We've (Rachel and I) been toying with getting a pet for a while now. Throwing ideas around about cats, dogs and house rabbits. We've come to the conclusion that keeping a pet like that would be reasonably cruel and we'd rather not. Then the offer of adopting a bearded dragon turned up who was going to be made homeless. We've adopted her and something as simple and being responsible for a pet has already made a huge difference and impact on out lives. 


No comments: