Monday 22 February 2010

Scotland trip...

Well as for my last post about being totally un-psyched about going, well that soon died a death. I guess it was the end of the half term and I was tired and stressed out by kids. The trip however turned out to be a whiskey drinking, snow-podding, ice climbing, mixed torquing, protection excavating, white-out navigating, snow bumsliding, tea drinking, piton bashing, car crashing bonanza! We got 4 days climbing in, learnt so much more (so expect another "what I learnt from scotland" post. I'm paying for it now as I'm wreaked from the week. It was worth it.

Should probably start at the beginning, and like most good stories it starts in the Pub. It was Jono's Birthday so we all had a few drinks at the Graduate in Stoke, leaving me, Andy and Toaf a little worse for wear for our drive up on the Saturday. After a little comminication screwup we met Stewie, Uncle Rob and Ian at Tebay services. Then off we went, Hamilton, Loch Lomond, coming across Rannoch Moor, past Buchialle Etive Mor, then down into Onich to find our digs for the week.

I really need to say something about the place we stayed in. Simply it was awesome. For £100 accomodation for 7 days I was expecting something alot worse. 3 bedrooms (I got to share the double bed with the Toaf), massive living room, excellent kitchen and ability to make a makeshift drying room, by filling the porch with heaters and keeping it closed meant we had an awesome place to stay. On top of all of this you have access to the SPA in Fort Bill, a luxury I was not used to.

For a first day it wasn't bad. We planned to go to Aonoach Moor on Day 2, so we could find our feet and chill out on some shorter routes. Plus you take a Telecabine and charilift most of the way up!

Bring on Aonoch Moor...

No comments: