Monday 19 October 2009

Winter is coming....

eep! Another weekend oout in the cold. It means that winter is coming and its getting closer everyday. I hope I'm not the only person who is getting psyched about rock climbing in the bitter winter cold. It going to be so good. Quiet crags, warm belays, cold pitches, climbing quickly, hot chocolate between (and on) routes, early starts in the dark, finding the sun trap crags, walking out in a headtorch, enjoying a warm pint by the fire. I can't wait.

As for winter climbing! my god its going to be good. We've sorted a place to stay in Aviemore, but have not actually booked it yet. Me and Andy need to sit down and sort out some dates when we are going and make sure we've both got enough funding. I need to buy some ice screws as well. They are going to make a serious dent in my bank account. But in the end it will all be worth it. I'm saving up for winter as well speak so.

Bring on the cold is all I can stay!

No comments: