Thursday 16 July 2009

Alps and stuff...

Well I left work early yesterday (I'm going to get busted if anyone at work reads my blog) but I'll put in the time somewhere else. Probably working my lunch for the warhammer painting competition I'm running. You know when you naively take on what is suposed to be in reality a nice simple job, but then without warning it starts spiraling out of control. Welcome to warhammer club. Other than warhammer club admin at work is very boring. Least I'm getting paid so I should stop complaining.

Went to Stoke last night. Why would anyone willing
ly go to Stoke I hear people ask? Well I love being in Stoke, and think its a great place to live. Other than that I needed to claim back my guidebooks and Toaf's mom's quiche dish from Ceara house, and sit down and plan some alpine related stuff with Dan.

Thankfully planning has paid off. We now know when we're going, what ferries we're getting. The car is sorted (other than insurance). We also spent part of the night rescuing each other from a cravesse. I should probably point out, that if your mate ever does fall into a crevasse, then anchoring off a nearby desk isn't advised. We also practise some tying in in coils. All in all a good evening.

On top of all of this we're going away this weekend to put most of this into practise. I'm not starting my weekly ritual of praying for decent (or at least half decent weather). I'm not to sure whats its going to do. We'll be in Wales, only because we k
now where everything is and should make the climbing easier. I hope it goes alright as I could do with a hard weekend out climbing.

Anyway I attached the link for the video from last trip to Idwal, and no doubt me and Dan will try and make another.

http://lifeattheendofarope.blogspot.com/2009/05/blog-post.html

No comments: