Friday 4 May 2012

No post this week? unlikely!

Last weekend was spent at New Mills Torrs. I'm not saying that this has suddenly become my standard peak district bad weather option, but its definatly come somewhere close. This time a larger group of us went, armed with a single rope and 6 pads overall. The day was kick started with some bouldering... and pretty much didn't move from there much at all. 

Below are a few photos from the day, and I think the highlights for me were not getting rained on, managing a few highball problems that I technically could have done last time but didn't have the courage to try (it's amazing what a difference having several pads makes) and sending my second 7a. I also used one of the many brushes that managed to collect to actually clean a hold. 

(Ronnie attempting one of the sport routes on the bridge)

(Steve and Teej bouldering)
Hopefully I'll get some good weather this weekend as I'll be heading to wales to mop up the last of the unrecorded lines at the cliff. Then hopefully I'll have a guidebook available for you. What I'm really excited about is a couple of new guidebooks that have already come out recently or are coming out in the near future. These are the New BMC "Over the Moors" guidebook (here) and new Peak limestone guide book (here) produced by Rockfax. If you've read enough on here you'll know that I'm less in favour of the Rockfax guidebooks, but I'd like to see what they've done with the Peak limestone. Hoepfully it'll encourage more people to get out there and climb on the polish.

No comments: