Tuesday 3 August 2010

A long over due post...

It’s been a long time since I’ve actually posted anything. I’m sat in Redpoint Climbing Centre after getting changed out the boot of my car (new car, which I’ll get to later). I’m on 1gram of something called Naproxen (which will give me stomach ulcers among other things if I don’t take them with food) for tendon/ligament and muscle damage in my thigh. I’m also toting a black eye, the relic of a vicious trampoline/ paddling pool/ bouncy castle incident (yes, alcohol was involved and no, it wasn’t malicious).

I’d love to say I’ve been climbing super hard in excellent weather, but the weathers been bad and I’ve not been out climbing as much as I’d like. I’ve been filling my time with other things…

I’ve brought a new car. Jess (tiny little red 1litre polo) which has served me, and all my friends above and beyond the call of duty over the last 3-4 years is suffering. Her little 1litre engine cannot cope with 35000 miles a year, mostly full of kit and people on the motorway. She’s been through a lot (sliding off the road in Scotland, keys lost in the snow, bouncing on barriers) and generally kept me alive and got me climbing. She’s now been passed on to my brother, who will hopefully have a few year good service out of her. I’ve not got a Ford Focus, unimaginative named Jess 2. So far she’s performing well!

I’ll try and fill in on what climbing I’ve been up to recently in the next few posts…

No comments: