Friday 4 December 2009

Weather blues...

After the hint of maybe some winter conditions in Wales this weekend I've been getting all hopeful about getting out. I'm slowly putting together every topo I can find on Welsh Winter routes and crags that is as up to date as possible. This has pretty much meant that I've been pillaging the welsh winter wiki ( http://welshwinterclimbs.wetpaint.com/ ). I'm probably going to try and get some of the topos laminated at work.

My point is the weather gods, or whatever deity it is that carefully watches over me and plants obstacles in the way of climbing all the time has decided to warm up the weather! Great for winter shopping! not great from winter climbing!

It doesn't even look like it'll be warm and dry, just warm and wet. I'm currently trying to decided what the weather will do and if its even worth the drive. If the weather is good then gogarth is on the cards, but also doing a long and simple mountain route, I don't know! After another week at work I'm again getting down that the weather seems pitted against me.

No comments: